![]() |
Another Election Rigged by the Democrats. |
![]() |
President Donald Trump has kept everyone guessing regarding the extent of the tariffs he is expected to unveil Wednesday, but the message from the White House is consistent: If you do business in the U.S., you won't need to pay anything. Trump has referred to Wednesday as "Liberation Day" because the U.S.
no longer will be taken advantage of through unfair trade imbalances
with other countries. He has scheduled a "Make America Wealthy Again"
news conference for 4 p.m. ET in the Rose Garden at the White House.
"I don't want to get ahead of the president," White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt told reporters Tuesday. "This is obviously a very big day. He's with his trade and tariff team right now, perfecting it to make sure this is a perfect deal for the American people and the American worker, and you will all find out in about 24 hours from now. "A tariff will be attached on these foreign nations, these foreign companies, and if they want to be absolved of that tariff, then they can come here to the United States of America to do business, bring their jobs here." Some of the options the administration has been debating in recent weeks include:
National Economic Council Director Kevin Hassett reportedly said Sunday that there are 15 countries "that we have massive, massive trade deficits with," but that Trump will ultimately decide how many countries will be subject to new tariffs Wednesday. Multiple nations run large annual trade surpluses with the U.S., including Germany, Ireland and Italy, as well as Vietnam, Japan, and Taiwan. "What you're going to be seeing over the next couple of days will be very inspiring to a lot of people," Trump told reporters Tuesday at the Oval Office. "A lot of auto plants being built in a certain country – I don't want to mention the country because we get along great with the country – but those plants aren't being built there anymore, they gave them up yesterday and the day before. They are building them all now in the United States." Last week, Trump announced a 25% tariff on all auto imports, which is set to begin Thursday, and 25% worldwide tariffs on steel and aluminum took effect in mid-March. China was hit in March by additional 20% tariffs on all goods, triggering retaliatory duties from Beijing. The European Union has unveiled its own measures to start sometime this month. Trump also has imposed tariffs on goods from Canada and Mexico as a means of pressuring them to clamp down on fentanyl trafficking and illegal immigration. Michael Katz ✉Michael Katz is a Newsmax reporter with more than 30 years of experience reporting and editing on news, culture, and politics. © 2025 Newsmax. All rights reserved. |
![]() |
Sen. Jim Banks found himself face-to-face with a disgruntled former Health and Human Services employee on Tuesday, and what followed went viral. In the video, a man can be heard claiming he was "fired illegally" before pressing Banks on whether he's going to do anything to "stop what's happening." The accusation is also made that social services are not being delivered due to the Trump administration's cuts at HHS and elsewhere. Judging by Banks' response, he wasn't really in the mood.
And with that, a thousand memes were born, including Banks himself making the following his profile picture.
I don't want to just focus on the dunk here, though. That's the easy part. What's more interesting to me are the claims being made by the allegedly fired HHS worker (we don't actually know who this person is as of this writing). For one, in what way was his termination illegal? Keep in mind, we've seen judges grant questionable (at best) temporary restraining orders like candy to spite the Trump administration. Surely, if this guy had any case whatsoever, there'd have been some kind of relief granted over the last month and a half. Understand, my initial reaction to someone who has lost their job in any situation is not to revel in that. These are people, after all, and perhaps some of them even deserve some sympathy. But the federal government is not a private corporation. It is funded by taxpayers, and it does not exist to provide jobs. This man's attempted interrogation of Banks shows a childish level of entitlement that exposes just how deep the rot is within the bureacracies. So many federal workers truly believe they should be untouchable, and that's a very perverted mindset. If anything, public employees should be under more scrutiny and held to higher standards than other workers. If taxpayer money isn't being used wisely, that has to be the priority. Then, there's the claim that people with disabilities aren't receiving social services due to these cutbacks. I'd love to know where this guy got that idea from. I've seen no evidence that checks aren't still going out on time, whether we are talking Social Security, disability, food stamps, or any other entitlements. That kind of fear-mongering needs to stop. There is no shortage of government workers left in these agencies to keep the money flowing. For context, there are around three million federal employees. Even with some fat being trimmed, you're still talking about an astronomical number of taxpayer-funded jobs. Did this guy "seem like a clown?" I'll let you decide if you agree with Banks or not on that front, but certainly, his arguments were clownish. A government can't be run on emotion because a government does not produce anything itself. Taxpayers need to know their money is being used smartly and efficiently. Everything else is noise. Every single day, here at RedState, we stand up and
fight against the radical left, delivering the conservative commentary
and reporting our readers deserve. Help us continue to tell the truth. Join RedState VIP and use promo code FIGHT to get 60% off your membership. |
![]() | |
If you are wondering why such stupid people got into Princeton, because they're DEMOCRATS😂 In a bold and decisive action, the Trump administration has suspended dozens of research grants to Princeton University, marking it as the latest Ivy League institution to face federal consequences over allegations of antisemitism. This move, announced on Tuesday, underscores the administration’s unwavering commitment to rooting out discrimination on college campuses—a stance that conservatives have long championed as a necessary counter to the progressive stranglehold on higher education. Princeton President Christopher Eisgruber, in a letter to students and faculty, acknowledged the suspensions from agencies like NASA, the Defense Department, and the Department of Energy. While he claimed the “full rationale” for the action remains unclear, a Department of Education spokesperson clarified to CNN that the funding pause stems from an ongoing investigation into “anti-Semitic harassment” at the university. Eisgruber pledged compliance with federal law, vowing to fight discrimination while simultaneously defending “academic freedom” and “due process”—a balancing act that critics might argue rings hollow given the gravity of the accusations. READ MORE: Is Taxing University Endowments an Idea Whose Time Has Come? Columbia University Gives In to Trump Admin on Campus Antisemitism, Riots This isn’t the first time the Trump administration has flexed its muscle against elite universities. Harvard and Columbia have already felt the sting, with Harvard facing scrutiny over $255.6 million in federal contracts and $8.7 billion in multi-year grant commitments, and Columbia losing $400 million last month after being accused of tolerating “persistent harassment of Jewish students.” Education Secretary Linda McMahon didn’t mince words, stating that Harvard’s failure to protect its students has jeopardized its once-sterling reputation. Columbia, meanwhile, has bent the knee, agreeing to a nine-point plan—including stricter immigration law adherence and protest regulations—to regain its lost funding. From my perspective, this crackdown is a long-overdue reckoning. For years, Ivy League schools have cloaked themselves in the mantle of academic prestige while allowing radical ideologies to fester, often at the expense of Jewish students. The Trump administration’s Joint Task Force to Combat Anti-Semitism is a refreshing assertion of federal authority, holding these institutions accountable where spineless administrators have failed. Eisgruber’s past criticisms of the administration—writing in The Atlantic that such actions threaten “prosperity and security”—sound like the predictable whining of an academic elite desperate to preserve a broken status quo. Critics on the left will no doubt cry “overreach,” framing this as an attack on academic freedom. But conservatives see it differently: Freedom doesn’t extend to harboring hate or shielding bad actors under the guise of scholarship. If Princeton, Harvard, and Columbia want taxpayer dollars, they should prove they’re worthy of them—not just with words, but with action. The administration’s message is clear: No more excuses, no more double standards. It’s a stance that resonates with those who believe America’s universities should reflect the nation’s values, not undermine them. As the investigations continue, the ball is in Princeton’s court. Will it follow Columbia’s lead and comply, or dig in its heels like Harvard, gambling with its federal lifeline? Either way, the Trump administration has drawn a line in the sand—and for Americans, it’s a welcome step toward restoring integrity to higher education. |
![]() |
It's Wednesday, April 2, 2025, which means President Donald Trump's new tariffs will be implemented immediately after they are announced. "LIBERATION DAY IN AMERICA IS COMING, SOON. FOR YEARS WE HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF BY VIRTUALLY EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, BOTH FRIEND AND FOE. BUT THOSE DAYS ARE OVER - AMERICA FIRST!!!" Trump said last week. Trump will host an event in the White House Rose Garden Wednesday afternoon and lay out details -- forecasting in recent weeks "reciprocal tariffs" for companies that don't make goods in America will be effected. On Monday and Tuesday, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt previewed the tariff implementation. Over at the Treasury Department, Secretary Scott Bessent is detailing what President Trump sees as fair trade practices through new tariffs. And on Capitol Hill, Trump has the backing of House Ways and Means Chairman Jason Smith. Trending on Townhall Videos |
![]() |
The Democratic Party is in its worst shape in 50 years, and what Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) did this week won’t change it. Sure, Democrats liked his speech on the Senate floor, which lasted over 24 hours—anything that rails against the Trump administration will get high marks. There’s still no plan, no unity, and no message. Booker isn’t the candidate of the future. So, even though the New Jersey Democrat broke Strom Thurmond’s record, it’s still a loss for the Left. Democrats are trying to use alleged Republican incompetence as a bridge to the midterms. Good luck with that, folks. It still doesn’t negate that the Democrats are the New York Knicks post-Isiah Thomas. The party has already hit a historic low in approvals. After days of Tesla dealerships coming under attack by domestic terrorists and doubling down on all the wrong issues, the party’s approvals have dipped further, to the shock of no one. It’s Quinnipiac’s lowest rating for Democrats ever. Even a plurality of Democrats hate their own party, which is indicative of their base: the core is made up of single, miserable college-educated women who hate everything except DEI trash and Ukraine.
“Holy Toledo…You just can’t get worse than these numbers,” said CNN’s Harry Enten. And, sorry, but Mr. Booker’s speech isn’t going to right the ship (via WaPo):
Well, good for you, Cory. Trump is still president, the Republicans still control Congress, we’re still going to deport illegals, egg prices will continue to drop, and the budget reconciliation package is going to sail through. Your party’s approval ratings are still in the dumpster, but you broke some records.
UPDATE: Even Democrats know this speech meant nothing.
Trending on Townhall Videos |
![]() |
Florida state Senator Randy Fine has won the special election for Florida’s 6th Congressional District. According to the Associated Press, Fine (R-Fla.) won the special election for Florida’s 6th Congressional District on Tuesday, defeating Democrat Josh Weil (D-Fla.). Fine has been endorsed by many influential GOP figures, including President Donald Trump, Senator Rick Scott (R-Fla.), Representative Byron Donalds (R-Fla.) and conservative talk show host Ben Shapiro. The seat previously belonged to former congressman Michael Waltz (R-Fla.). Waltz resigned from the seat on the day Trump was sworn in order to become the president’s national security advisor. The state’s 1st Congressional District also has a special election today to replace former congressman Matt Gaetz. Additionally on Tuesday, Wisconsin voters are electing a new state Supreme Court judge. Stay informed! Receive breaking news blasts directly to your inbox for free. Subscribe here. https://www.oann.com/alerts |
![]() |
Florida Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis speaks before introducing
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis during a rally for Florida Republicans at the
Cheyenne Saloon on November 7, 2022 in Orlando, Florida. DeSantis faces
former Democratic Gov. Charlie Crist in tomorrow’s general election. Republican Jimmy Patronis has won the special election for Florida’s 1st Congressional District. According to the Associated Press, Patronis (R-Fla.) won the special election for Florida’s 1st Congressional District on Tuesday, defeating Democrat Gay Valimont (D-Fla.). Patronis will take former representative Matt Gaetz’s seat. Gaetz left the seat soon after he was nominated by President Donald Trump to be the U.S. attorney general. The former congressman withdrew his nomination. He now hosts a talk show at One America News. Patronis entered the contest last November after President Trump openly pushed him to run for the seat. Following Trump’s endorsement, a number of stated candidates for the seat stepped out of the contest to support Patronis. Earlier on Tuesday, Florida state Senator Randy Fine won the special election for Florida’s 6th Congressional District, defeating Democrat Josh Weil (D-Fla.). Additionally on Tuesday, Wisconsin voters voted to elect a new state Supreme Court judge. Stay informed! Receive breaking news blasts directly to your inbox for free. Subscribe here. https://www.oann.com/alerts |
Wisconsin’s top education official, who will guide policies affecting K-12 schools during President Donald Trump’s second term, will be elected Tuesday in a race between the teachers union-backed incumbent and a Republican-supported critic. The electorate will also decide whether to enshrine a voter ID law in the state constitution. Both contests have sharp partisan divisions, though they have drawn far less spending and national attention than the race for control of the Wisconsin Supreme Court. Here’s a look at the two contests: The race to lead the state Department of Public Instruction pits incumbent Jill Underly,
Please, lets get the dykes out of education (Jill Underly) who is backed by Democrats and the teachers union, against consultant Brittany Kinser,
a supporter of the private school voucher program who is endorsed by Republicans but calls herself a moderate. Wisconsin is the only state where voters elect the top education official but there is no state board of education. That gives the superintendent broad authority to oversee education policy, from dispersing school funding to managing teacher licensing. The winner will take office at a time when test scores are still recovering from the pandemic, the achievement gap between white and Black students remains the worst in the country and more schools are asking voters to raise property taxes to pay for operations. Underly’s education career began in 1999 as a high school social
studies teacher in Indiana. She moved to Wisconsin in 2005 and worked
for five years at the state education department. She also was principal
of Pecatonica Elementary School for a year before becoming district
administrator.
Underly, 47, was elected state superintendent in 2021 and was endorsed by the union, the Wisconsin Education Association Council, as well as the Wisconsin Democratic Party and numerous Democratic officeholders. Kinser, whose backers include the Wisconsin Republican Party and former Republican Govs. Tommy Thompson and Scott Walker, is vying to become the first GOP-affiliated person to hold the superintendent position in more than 30 years. She worked for almost 10 years as a special education teacher and instructional coach in Chicago Public Schools. After that she spent 15 years at public charter schools in Chicago, California and Milwaukee. In the Milwaukee area, Kinser worked for Rocketship schools, part of a national network of public charter institutions, and became its executive director for the region. In 2022 she left Rocketship for City Forward Collective, a Milwaukee nonprofit that advocates for charter and voucher schools. She also founded a consulting firm where she currently works. Kinser, 47, tried to brand Underly as being a poor manager of the Department of Public Instruction and keyed in on her overhaul of state achievement standards last year. Underly said that was done to better reflect what students are learning now, but the change was met with bipartisan opposition including from Democratic Gov. Tony Evers, who was previously state superintendent himself. Evers has not made an endorsement in the race. Kinser said the new standards lowered the bar for students and made it more difficult to evaluate how schools and districts are performing over time. Underly portrayed Kinser as nothing more than a lobbyist who doesn’t care about public education. Kinser supports the state’s private school voucher and charter school program, which Democrats and Underly oppose on the grounds that such programs siphon needed money away from public schools. Wisconsin’s photo ID requirement for voting would be elevated from state law to constitutional amendment under a proposal placed on the ballot by the Republican-controlled Legislature. Even if voters say no to that, the requirement, which has been on the books since 2011, will remain in place as law. It went into effect permanently in 2016 after a series of unsuccessful lawsuits. Republicans pitched the amendment it as a way to bolster election security and protect the law from being overturned in court. Democratic opponents argued that photo ID requirements are often enforced unfairly, making voting more difficult for people of color, disabled people and poor people. If voters pass the measure, it would make it more difficult for a future Legislature controlled by Democrats to change the law. Any constitutional amendment must be approved in two consecutive legislative sessions and by a statewide popular vote. Wisconsin is one of nine states where people must present photo ID to vote, and its requirement is the nation’s strictest, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. Thirty-six states have laws requiring or requesting that voters show some sort of identification, according to the NCSL. |