Monday, June 20, 2016

Trump: Hillary Funded by 'Wall Street Fat Cats'


Donald Trump says he doesn't need to match the big-dollar donations flowing into the campaign coffers of likely general election rival Hillary Clinton, slamming the Democrat as funded by "Wall Street fat cats."

In an interview aired Sunday on NBC News' "Meet the Press," the GOP presumptive nominee said he hasn't really revved up his general election fundraising yet. "We really haven't started," he said. "We start pretty much after the convention, during and after," adding that Clinton "has a head start, but I've raised a lot of money for the party."

"I don't think we need frankly as much," Trump declared. "And she's selling herself to Wall Street and the Wall Street fat cats are all putting up a lot of money for her. "And I don't even want that kind of money," he said. "What I'm doing is, and I don't think we need that money. … I mean, look what we're doing right now. This is like a commercial, right, except it's tougher than a normal commercial."

"Look, we're going to raise a lot of money, I've raised a lot of money this weekend, I'm raising it for the Republican Party," he added. "I mean, I'm doing a good job. If you look at [Republican National Committee head] Reince [Priebus], he'll say that we have done an amazing job in a very short period of time." Trump's campaign sent an urgent fundraising email to supporters Saturday asking for at least $100,000 in donations by the end of the day to "help get our ads on the air."

No comments:

Post a Comment

CartoonsDemsRinos