Monday, January 5, 2015

Huckabee leaves Fox News, says will make 2016 decision by late spring


Fox News host and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee announced Saturday that he is leaving the network after six and a half years as the host of “Huckabee,” and will make a decision on a possible 2016 presidential run by late spring.
In the Saturday edition of “Huckabee,” the former governor expressed thanks for what he called “the ride of a lifetime.”
"I have never had so much fun in my life,” Huckabee said. "But I also realize that God hasn't put me on earth just to have a good time or to make a good living, but rather has put me on earth to try to make a good life.”
Huckabee said that he would not rule out running for president in 2016, and that it is not possible for him to openly determine political and financial support to justify a race while doing the show.
“The honorable thing to do at this point is to end my tenure here at Fox.  As much as I have loved doing the show, I cannot bring myself to rule out another presidential run,” Huckabee said. “So as we say in television, stay tuned."
Huckabee served more than a decade as Arkansas' governor and ran for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008, the year that the GOP nominated Arizona Sen. John McCain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CartoonsDemsRinos