Monday, February 23, 2015

John McCain: 'I'm ashamed of my country'



 Sen. John McCain says he's ashamed of the United States, President Obama and himself for how America has failed to help Ukraine defend itself from Russia.
"I'm ashamed of my country, I'm ashamed of my president and I'm ashamed of myself, that I haven't done more to help these people," the Arizona Republican and former presidential nominee, who spent six years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam, said on CBS' "Face the Nation." "It is really, really heartbreaking."
McCain, who is chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, decried American and European leaders' unwillingness to provide Ukrainians with weapons they can use to stave off the Russian advance.
The senator predicted that Russian President Vladimir Putin will pull back some, but said Putin's next goal will be to establish a stronger land route into Ukraine, a move that would allow for an easier attack on that country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CartoonsDemsRinos